About
-- Timeline of the Historical Events
-- Argao a touch of history
-- Municipality of Argao
-- Roof and Convent Renovation
-- Assigned Parish Priests
-- Argawanon Priests
-- Argawanon Religious Sisters
   Timeline of the Historical Events

Timeline of the Historical Events of
Archdiocesan Shrine of San Miguel Arcangel

1733− Argao becomes a separate parish: San Miguel Arcangel is designated as the Patron Saint.

1734− Fr. Ignacio de Olalde is assigned as the first priest and starts to construct the church.

1735 − 1740 Fr. Olalde becomes the first parish priest.

1788− The first church is contructed under the leadership of Francisco Espina with the help of the community.

1803 − 1836 The Church and convent are built under the leadership of Fr. Mateo Perez in 1830. The bell tower is designated and constructed by Bishop Gomez Marañon.

1876− A typhoon destroys the church and convent

1904− The church and convent are rebuilt and enlarged

1924− The tile roof of the church are replaced with galvanized iron sheets by Fr. Joaquin Boiser, Fr. Pablo Alcarez does the interior of painting.

Sept. 23, 2003 − Conferment of San Miguel Arcangel as an Archdiocesan Shrine

2011− Reroofing of Argao Parish Church and Convent by Fr. Silvino Y. Figues, Jr.

2013− A 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes the provinces of Cebu and Bohol.

2016− The NHCP restores the church & convent.

July 11, 2016 − Unveiling of the historical marker and partial turnover of the Argao church by the NHCP.

TIMELINE
  
MARKER

Back to top         
 
Home|About|Organization|Fiesta 2019|Photo Gallery|Contact Us|Help and Donation|Our School